Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Duke Therapy

For those of you who do not know who this beautiful boxer dog is....his name is Duke and he is my 100lb. 2 year old. He can be quite a handful! I spent the entire day at a conference for 'Safe Sanctuaries' and it was an excellent presentation. I knew that I would be gone all day (plus and hour drive each way) and that it would be a long day for Duke in his crate. He didn't seem to be too mad at me when I arrived home. I swear that sometimes he has no idea how long he has been alone. I just took a picture of him after his evening "freak out". He will take his purple toy in his mouth and run around the house like crazy. It is quite entertaining and I just step aside during the episode. Sometimes I wish I had his energy! More than anything though I enjoy his company(especially for keeping my feet warm while I sleep) even if he is a terror at times. He is also a work in progress! Sometimes, in the busy hectic world of parish ministry, he is the only thing that can keep me sane....and through the grace of God.~
Posted by Picasa

No comments: