Sunday, November 25, 2007

Reunions


Saturday night I had my 10 year high school reunion. I can not believe that it has been ten years since I graduated. Sometimes, it seems like just yesterday that I was caught up in the drama that comes with being in high school. Then, on other days, it seems like ages ago. I know that I am a very different person than I was 10 years and I'll be the first to say that being a minister was definitely NOT on the radar. Yet, when I showed up at the reunion it seemed like I had traveled in a time machine. We were, on the most part, sitting with our own cliques. As one friend said, "It's like sitting in the lunch room again." Don't get me wrong, there was some mingling...but mostly we stayed close to our friends.

It was interesting to see what some people are doing with their lives and to see that they have accomplished so much. Then, there were some who haven't really done anything since graduation and are stuck in time. (Please, we are 28 and they were playing beer pong!) Overall, not what I expected, but I am glad that I went.

It is amazing to see how God works in our lives and what God calls us to do. I am thankful that I am not the same person I was in high school and I am thankful for great group of friends I grew up with who have supported and encouraged me along the way; friends I met 20 years ago with whom I can't imagine my life without. I wonder...will our 20th be the same? Hopefully no beer pong. Hopefully surrounded by friends and remembering the drama and the events that helped to shape us.

No comments: